Is sore throat with swollen tonsils a sign of STD?

Hello, I am 18 years old,sexually active XXXXXXX man and I'd like to ask you some questions. I am extremely afraid of HIV and STDs. I give oral sex sometimes which is most of the times unprotected.The first time I did it was 4 months before.Some days after I did,I had a sore throat with swollen tonsils.I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics.After 5 days of antibiotics,the situation was clearly better,I did not had any sore throat but my tonsils were still a bit swollen.Then,I went back to my doctor and she gave me antebiotics again for 4-5 days and then my tonsils became normal again. Could thay have been a StD?? Thank you very much for your answer in adance
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, this may represent a sign of STD. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for consulting us. Let me warn you that you are at a very high risk of STDs including HIV. STDs are more prevalent in homosexuals & in those who practice unprotected sex. You should request your doctor to write necessary tests for you & also inform him or her about relation of this sore throat to your history of sexual contact. This sore throat may well represent an initial sign of STD. Need is to practice safe sex & screen yourself of STDs. Wish you good health. Regards.