Is small lump under the mole a sign of melanoma?

This question is about a mole on my daughters' hand. This tiny mole on her hand seemed normal until yesterday morning when she awoke to discover a small lump under the mole and bruising surrounding the mole in a circular shape. My daughter is 21 years old. Could this be a melanoma? My daughter has a tiny mole on her hand and until yesterday it seemed normal enough. She awoke with a small lump underneath the mole and bruising around the mole. What could be wrong?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Sudden bleed in a mole can be a XXXXXXX sign. However first commoner things should be thought of. There is a possibility of bleed in the mole following an unnoticed injury. I would like to see a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response, Thank you