Is small flesh colored bumps on the base of my shaft caused due to shaving?

Dermatologist
Question
i have small flesh color bumps on the base of my shaft on top, usually my pubic hair would cover that area, i have been shaving there and now they are more noticeable, they will sometimes bleed a little after shaving. i dont have bumps anywhere else on my penis and im wondering if its from shaving or something else
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: pictures required Detailed Answer: HI From the description that you have provided, we need to rule out viral warts. So I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can come to any final diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell since when you have these lesions. Is there any associated pain, itching or discomfort? Any outside contact or any lesions in the partner? Waiting for the pictures Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Is small flesh colored bumps on the base of my shaft caused due to shaving? 27 minutes later
no pain or itching and as far as i know my wife has no problems, she did have what she said was a urinary tract infection a couple months ago but i noticed these about a year ago id say. i will try to take a pic but keep in mind i just shaved and cut a couple open last nite doing it. i sent a pic to YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: viral warts Detailed Answer: Hi The lesions that you have look like molluscum contagiosum which is a sexually transmitted disease. These are basically a type of viral warts. These are very slow growing lesions but their treatment is essential to prevent any further spread. I would advise you to see a dermatologist and get them removed as soon as possible. Dr Geetika Paul

is there ant home remedy? how could i of got these? i tried the vinegar test and they didnt turn white

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 12 hours later
Brief Answer: viral warts Detailed Answer: Hi again The test that you have mentioned which is the vinegar test is not very accurate for these lesions. It tends to give variable results and hence is not very reliable for diagnosis. Clinically the lesions are suggestive of molluscum contagiosum. I would advise you to see a dermatologist soon for their removal. As far as home remedies are concerned, application of wart paint like salactol can be done but it takes a very long time for complete healing. So it is always better to get them treated by a dermatologist. These lesions are contagious which means that they spread by contact with an infected person. Lesions on the genitals are mostly sexually transmitted although contact with the towel or other clothing or bedding of an infected person can also be the reason for development of such lesions. Dr Geetika Paul