Is slight spotting normal during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
I had visited OBGYN on last friday and got my ultra sound done. i result of ultra sound scan is i am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant and the baby is normal and the foetal heart beat is also normal. the doc has suggested a complete bed rest for the next couple of weeks because of the history. My query here is that 'this afternoon i had a slight spotting" spoke to couple of friends , they say it is not normal but some of them had it during their pregnancy. Is it normal, will my baby be normal?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont worry Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. I read your query and understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) It is normal to have spotting as implantation will be taking place. The baby will be trying to go deeper into the womb. Hence not a cause to worry. 2) Let her continue medicines as per doctor's advice and rest. Let me know if you have any more queries. I will be happy to answer. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Is slight spotting normal during pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your quick response.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please write a review Detailed Answer: Hi, Please write a review if my answer was helpful. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol