Ask a Urologist   »  

Is slight ache in my pelvis bone caused due to prolapsed bladder?

Excellent
Question
Hi lately my urine smells stronger than usual and I have prolapsed bladder. Could one have to do with the other?Also does prolapsed bladder have to be fixed? Also in my back I have Osteoarthritis,Spinal Stenosis,Degenerative Disc Disease and Anklylosing Spondylitis. So I have a lot of pain on a daily basis. Now I have a slight ache in front above pelvis bone. Could this be from the prolapsed bladder?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes prolapsed bladder may contribute to UTI. Detailed Answer: Good Day and than you for being with Healthcare Magic! A prolapsed bladder and other pelvic organs may cause some form of urine stagnation thereby causing a predilection for urinary tract infection. These may be the reason for the wrong smell of your urine. Although not all prolapsed bladder will cause depending on the severity of the prolapse. This can be confirmed or ruled out by a kidney and urinary bladder ultrasound with pre-void and post void urine volume determination. A urinalysis can also be requested to check for infection if there are pus cells detected on your urine sample. I am sorry to hear about the pain that your going through on a daily basis and YES a prolapsed bladder and infection can cause a dull pain in the pelvic area. I suggest seeing a Urologist or a Uro-Gyne to have a physical examination and for you to start your treatment. Most of the time other organs. any also prolapse other than the urinary bladder and will contribute to the pelvic pain. Treatment is via placement of a vaginal sling to lift the bladder and back to its normal location and this is usually done on an outpatient basis. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is slight ache in my pelvis bone caused due to prolapsed bladder? 1 hour later
Hi Dr. See, Thank you for your answer. Where are you located? I am in Waxahachie, XXXXXXX near Dallas and did not know what kind of Dr. I needed to see. I understand about the sling you spoke of, I was wondering what else do you think I might benefit from? XXXX YYYY@YYYY p.s. Do you have any Doctor in my area you could advise me to see? Hi Dr. See, Thank you for your response. Where are you located? I am in Waxahachie XXXXXXX near Dallas. I did not know what kind of Dr I needed to see.I understand about the sling you spoke of ,do you think they are safe and effective or do people have problems afterward? I was wondering is there any other treatments you think I could benefit from? Thank you very much, XXXX YYYY@YYYY 0000

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Vaginal slings are very effective and very safe. Detailed Answer: Vaginal slings have been widely available for the last 2 decades and have gone much improvements. They have very high success rates and with minimal complications as long as you do it in a high volume center. I am not familiar with centers there but I am sure you can search for them. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is slight ache in my pelvis bone caused due to prolapsed bladder? 12 hours later
Thank you for your answer and your time.Is it dangereous for me to not have a sling put in? I do not nave an infection at this time. Are there any other treatment options besides the sling? Thank you, YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Options will depend on the severity of prolapse. Detailed Answer: Treatment options that may be offerred to you will all depend on the severity of your prolapse. Options would be conservative and surgical procedures. Conservative are pelvic floor strenghtening exercises and kegels exercises. vaginal pessaries are rings placed inside the vagina and functions to hold them the prolapse organs in place. surgical ranges from open to minimally invasive procedures like what I mentioned with the vaginal mesh sling. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is slight ache in my pelvis bone caused due to prolapsed bladder? 3 days later
Just curious,What are the symptoms of colen cancer? Does there always have to be bleeding of some sort?

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood in the stools, decrease in stool caliber. Detailed Answer: Good day! How are you? Colon cancer would present in the early stages a blood in the stools and vague abdominal pain/discomfort. You can have a fecal occult blood which is a very good screening tool for detecting colon and rectal cancers. Late symptoms would be increasing abdominal girth, weigh loss, massive blood per rectum, decreasing stool size or inability to defecate. There is also a serum cancer marker for colon which is CEA and tends to be increased in the presence of colon cancer. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA