Is shoulder joint replacement surgery necessary as a result of chronic pain after rotator cuff repair?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
After a botched rotator cuff repair I need a shoulder joint replacement because of chronic very serious pain. I have seen four doctors and now the ball is in my court. I am female, 73, anad don't worry about med addiction at this point but feel very very almost weepy about the chronic pain. It is my right arm. I had to have that ball with med in it that was strapped on my shoulder taken off after a very high squeeky voice, fat face, and cough which meqns that will not be available this time of course. HELP.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reverse shoulder replacement may be needed Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, As per your history and symptoms you may need total shoulder replacement and if rotator cuff is not functioning then reverse shoulder replacement may be required. Improve your health for anaesthesia fitness by antibiotic and decongestant. Till time take analgesic and physiotherapy. You will need complete blood work up before going for surgery. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.