Is severe pain in flanks related to kidney failure?

Yes, I have a kidney failure question. I have been diagnosed with stage 3 -4 (borderline) kidney failure about 5 months ago. I've seen my neuphrologist as required, but I don't see her until XXXXXXX 9, 2014. My question is, is it part of this whole breakdown of my kidney function for severe pain on both sides of my flank, every once in a while after I void there is blood on the toilet tissue, and just recently (within the last week and a half) to have red, itchy bumps all over
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: some of your symptoms may be related Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Kidney failure can be associated with a number of different symptoms including : hematuria- blood in the urine, seen on wiping in your case (2)skin rash- there are different changes that can occur in the skin. Many persons may have dry itchy skin. The other types of skin conditions may vary slightly according to the cause of kidney disease, for example the lesions seen in persons with a history of diabetic kidney disease may vary compared to a person with kidney problems who has lupus, infection,amyloidosis. It is possible that your rash is related to kidney disease, though there are other causes such as allergic reaction (particularly if itchy), infection. (4)pain is not a common symptom of kidney disease itself , but may possibly be related to the cause of your kidney disease (4)fatigue- due to fighting chronic disease and anemia (5)fluid retention with swelling in the legs, abdomen (6)nausea, vomiting I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions