Is sever lower back pain related to kidney stones?

I went to the hospital the evening of Dec 26 with severe pain in my lower back and side. I also had blood in my urine. The dr. did a ct scan. The scan showed a couple small stones in my kidney and several slots leaving the kidney. I went home that evening and had a lot of discomfort for about 6 hours and then the pain was intermittent for a couple days. My urine also cleared up in about 2 days. Today I had another spasm for about 20 minutes and more blood in my urine . Do you believe based on my description this is related to the kidney stones or is something else going on?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibly due to Ureteric colic Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day The symptoms described by you are possibly related to Kidney pathology. Intermittent colicky pain is likely to occur due to passage of stones or clot in the ureter causing Ureteric colic. During Ureteric colic there could be strangury that is painful urination with passage of blood. Your symptoms do fit in kidney problem. I hope it helped In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD