Is sever back pain associated with NHL?

Thanks can you advise if sever back pain can be associated NHL my husband has been advise he has this and currently waiting to see specialist . He is in sever pain and quite concerned that the pain is caused by the NHL thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Though NHL can cause back pain if there is a lymph node in that region causing nerve compression, it is not the first thing that I would consider in someone with severe back pain. There are other common problems like spine disorders. Some investigations like CT scan or MRI may help to suggest the cause and if a mass is found then biopsy will be required. I am afraid I can say only this much based on the information that you have provided. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.