Is scoliosis the cause of rib, neck and back pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My daughter has mild scoliosis, I am not sure if this is the cause of her constant rib,neck and back pain. She can't sleep comfortably and usually wakes with this pain. She has dislocated her shoulder a couple of months ago just by swinging her arm. She is 15
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: She may be having pain due to mild scoliosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Yes she may be having pain due to mild scoliosis. You may need MRI spine to get details about spine compression. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy and exercises will help her to remain pain free. Calcium and vitamin D supplement will improve bone and muscle strength. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.