Is sauna good for skin?

I lose weight by doing gym and going sauna too much after 2 yrs.. But during the weight loss program, I used too much sauna and my face skin look too soft and when it dries, I look old too me. please help me how to prevent much face become good.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Use a good moisturiser and sunscreen Detailed Answer: HI, Thanks for writing to us. Too much exposure to warmth, heat, steam and sun can dehydrate the skin. Thats why your skin looks dry and wrinkled. To treat the same Avoid excessive steam, heat and sun Drink adequate amount of water. Increase intake of fresh fruits, green vegetables and nuts. Take vitamin C supplement daily as it will replenish collagen of skin making it supple Apply vitamin E, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid based cream, If residing in India you may get it as evion cream, rejuglow c20/strea C and hymos lotion. Use a sunscreen in morning daily atleast with SPF 15 Also massage your face with almond oil prior to bathing. Hope this helped. Should there be a doubt or clarification required, please write back.