Is rhinoplasty a safe procedure?

ENT Specialist
Question
Thanks Doc Duggal. Am sorry for the delay in response. I still want to think about it. Sincerely,Am scared of rhinoplast. Especially the long term side effects. Could there be any physical remedy?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Do not be afraid of rhinoplasty Detailed Answer: Dear, do not be afraid of Rhinoplasty. There no major long term side effects of rhinoplasty is no artificial implant is used except nasal obstruction in some but this functional aspect is usually taken care of by the operating surgeon. Please take few of your photographs to the surgeon from whom you are planning to get it operated and discus what actually you want in your nose. Please also take along your partner so that things can be better discussed. If you will have reasonable expectations from surgery, you will be satisfied with rhinoplasty. Problem appears when the patient has unreasonable expectations like making your nose similar to some actors or well known persons. There are no medical remedies for nasal shape correction. Some fillers can be used for nasal bridge but selective and small defects can be corrected with this. Feel free to ask another query. Regards

Follow-up: Is rhinoplasty a safe procedure? 2 days later
Doc, its seems its hereditary. My wife just gave birth to a baby girl today. And she looks exactly like me.

Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Descriptive Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Facial profile is in families and some element of resemblance is there in the children with the parents. It is natural but we don't label t as a hereditary problem. It is constitutional and if one wants a change in the facial profile, surgery is the option. So, relax and enjoy your day with your new born baby. Feel free to ask another query. Regards

Follow-up: Is rhinoplasty a safe procedure? 5 hours later
Thanks Doc. I will keep in touch. Kind regards .

Brief Answer: Pleasure amswering your queries Detailed Answer: It was pleasure answering your queries. Regards