Is resting heartrate of 75,a cause for concern?

I'm a 37 years old female have been having a series of panic attacks over the past two months or so for the past week I have been feeling very tired and lightheaded I had a physical two weeks ago blood work checked out fine had an ekg done showed fast heartrate. 125 doctor felt that it was due to anxiety she said that the ekg looked normal otherwise my question is this can this fatigue and lightheadedness be due to anxiety or should I be concerned about ny heart my resting heartrate since ny ekg has been around 75
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be due to anxiety. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. A resting heart rate of 75 is absolutely normal. You need not worry. The tiredness and lightheadedness that you are having could be related to anxiety. Since all your recent investigations reports are normal there is no need to worry. To help this problem you can take a few measures- 1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola. 2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking. 3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes. 4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends. 5. Learn controlled breathing. 6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc. You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL