Is recum tumor a serious health condition?

Question
they hve found a TUMOR CONFIRMED BY A BIOPSEY- THE TUMOR IN LOCATED IN THE RECTUM- THE ONCOLOGIST AT MY FIRST VISIT- REMARKED THAT BLOOD WORK RESULTS DONE BY MY PRIMARY CARE PHY ABOUT MY LIVER WERE GOOD- AND WHEN HE PUSHED DOWN ON ALL PARTS OF MY ABDOMIN THERE WAS NO PAIN NOR HAS THERE BEEN ANY PAIN OR SYMPTOMS-WHEN HE LISTED TO MY LUNGS HE REMARKED THAT THE LUNGS SOUNDED STRONG AND CLEAR- WHATAM I FACING- AM I GOING TO DIE
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I don't think you are going to die now!! Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this recent diagnosis of rectal cancer. It in no way suggests that you are going to die from it. Cancer progresses slowly over time. Early stages can be treated with a 100% success rate. Only late stages pose a great problem to treatment and success has been recorded in a good number of persons with the recent advancement in medical science. The way forward now is to follow up with the doctors to do more investigations and find out what the exact extend of the tumor is. Depending on the various findings, a treatment plan would be proposed to address the problem. No matter the extend of this disease, you would never walk alone. i am sure your doctors would provide you with the best available treatment options to guarantee the best possible results. The fact that all preliminary testing and examinations are normal suggest that this tumor could very likely be still located only to the rectum making treatment a lot easier. This cancer is not that deadly...please, calm down and follow through with the investigations and management. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.