Is rashes on buttocks and vulva caused due to bacterial infection?

I have gotten a terrible weepy rash inside all of my buttocks and around my vulva but not as bad there at all. Some white discharge. My buttocks are swollen on the inside and itchy but sting and hurt more then itch now. I also suddenly today got a really sore bump on the right side of my pelvic bone, side of bladder almost near bikini line. When I push there I feel a bump deep underneath the skin and it hurts really bad to push. Also I have had chills all day and my psoriasis on a few of my nuckles on my hands is swollen and oozing as well. My joints are sore in my hips as well. What is going on?? Is this thrush or bacterial??
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably a super-infected fungal infection! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you are currently experiencing. I hope together with your treating doctor, we would be able to examine the different possible causes and propose a solution to this problem to enable you recover very soon. This infection cannot solely be a thrush. This is because thrush rarely causes fever and would not sting and weep this much. From all the information you have provided, my suspicion is that it started off with a fungal infection. This infection breaks the barrier of the skin and allows germs(bacteria) to go into the blood system and cause infections. This is the most likely cause of the chills you are experiencing right now. In conclusion, this is probably a super -infected fungal infection. What you describe as a bump is probably a swollen lymph node. These are glands that fight against infections.The infection and inflammation you have in this area which is drained by these lymph nodes. An attempt by this gland to contain to infection has led to the symptoms of acute adenitis(inflammation of the lymph gland) which is responsible for this lump and pains. Also, this swollen and oozing psoariatic lesions need to be appropriately manged. I do not know whether you have a rheumatologist on board who have been following you up on this. In all, you would need to get examined and tested to identify the exact cause of these symptoms. An examination of a specimen from this infected area,and blood tests to provide more clues on what the treatment plan would be. Going to the hospital as soon as possible would be a great idea here. For now, keep the affected area clean, airy and avoid tight fitting dressings. I hope this addresses your query fully and provides enough information and guidance on how to approach this problem. Feel free to ask for more information and clarification on this and I would gladly address your concerns. I wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, D.