Is radiotherapy necessary for ecurrence of breast cancer?

local recurrence of breast cancer at right lateral axillary fold despite chemotherapy of 4 cycles with epirubicin and cyclophosphamide of a patient with rt breast cancer. is it necessary to give radiotherapy now followed by remaining chemotherapy? Please answer me urgently. Patient"s next cycle of chemo is due on 11/02/2014. Yours sincerely, XXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Thanks for your query. This seems to be a very aggressive and unusual case. There may be a possibility that complete surgical clearance was not done initially. I will need more details to answer, specifically the baseline clinical stage, metastatic workup, the exact histopathology report with ER, PR, HER2, and the current clinical status and any imaging. Regards