Is pulling sensation in my lower abdomen related to urinary tract?

General Surgeon
I have pain in my lower abdomen (below navel, centered) that feels like something inside is pulling. It is a dull ache. It also feels like it is connected to the urinary tract. I often feel it when standing upright but sometimes even after I sit down the pain continues. It is not always present and has been happening on and off since December. There also seems to be some swelling in the scrotum above the right testicle.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Lower center abdomen is where urinary bladder located. So any issue in the urinary tract can cause such pain. Some inflammation in the intestine or epidydimis can also be connected to the urinary tract infection. If you have also sudden acute pain around the rectum which comes and goes, prostate inflammation (which can be present for a very long time) can cause it. Any urinary tract infection or stones can give also frequent urinating and burning while urinating. I suggest you to have urine analysis, abdominal ultrasound and testis ultrasound. Please also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Is pulling sensation in my lower abdomen related to urinary tract? 18 minutes later
Thank you, Dr. Stanko, for your response. Regarding the cranberry supplementation, I should mention that I take 10mg of warfarin every day. I have heard that cranberries can adversely affect INR. Is that true? Also, I take bisoprolol 5mg and Coversyl 2mg daily. Urinating gives me no relief from the pain. I have hemorrhoids which cause pain and bleeding in the anal region during bowel movements. Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Yes, Cranberries can cause prolonged Warfin metabolism and in result increase INR. So this is true. So in such case cranberries are contraindicated. Urinating does not give relief in case of an inflammation. So this is nothing unusual and does not rule it out. Hemorrhoids are usually caused by constipation. Warfin intake can increase bleeding from hemorrhoids. And no medicine is able to heal hemorrhoids completely. So as you are Warfin patient, you should consult general surgeon or proctologist and consider hemorrhoids removal. In a meanwhile you may try hemorrhoids suppositories and sitz baths with Oak Bark. Add some probiotic and fiber rich products to your diet to make stool softer. Hope this will help. Regards.