Is puffy eyes caused due to juvederm and radiesse?

I have a slight elevation of my skin below my eye(by the cheekbone). It appears to look like fluid maybe underneath in/by the tear trough. Approximately 16 months ago I had an injectable in the area-juvederm and radiesse. Could this have caused this problem? How do I get it to go away?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: fillers usually dissolve spontaneously in an year. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. As such fillers can cause puffy eyes if injected in periseptal space.However 16 months is a long time and by this time effect of filler withers away. Also if it was filler induced it should have been there since you had taken an injection. In such cases cold compresses and if required hylase injection can be given. Another cause could be lifestyle induced. As such to treat puffy eyes, I personally advise Sleeping in supine position Taking less salt and caffeine Sleeping adequately, avoiding eye stress or visual strain Applying haloxyl based eye cream. Doing cold compresses Hope this helped you Take care
Follow-up: Is puffy eyes caused due to juvederm and radiesse? 9 hours later
Thank you, however, if it is not a case of puffy eyes, it really is in a specific area-the tear trough on one side. I will try cold compress, and less salt and caffeine. What does hylase do? Should I go to my dermatologist for this? Please advise!
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
Brief Answer: hylase is hyaluronidase. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Hylase is hyaluronidase. It is an enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is the main component of fillers used like juvederm or restylane. It basically dissolves the hyaluronic acid filler and the area where hylase is used reverts to its pre filler correction stage. So if the bulge is due to filler, hylase would definitely help you. The results are visible in 24 to 48 hours. For hylase injection, you need to consult your dermatologist. Also please follow the less caffeine and salt diet. Slight upward stroke massage in the area might help too. Hope this helped. Take care