Is pruritis completely curable? How long should I continue medicine?

is pruritus completely curable ? how many days medication does it needs??
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Pruritis or itch is a common sensation and could be a symptom related to an underlying disease like cholestasis or hyperthyroidism or could be caused by a dry skin specially in winters or could be due to some eczema or could be due to old age called as senile itching.

Treatment and Therapy is often aimed at diagnosing the underlying cause first, followed by the management of the itchy sensation.

Most of the available treatment options are categorized under symptomatic therapy and management which include topical and systemic antihistamines, corticosteroids, local anesthetics, and topical immunomodulators, among others. 

Duration of treatment depends upon the underlying problem and can not be defined as such.Once a cause is found out,pruritis can be cured in most of the 

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Please let me know if you have any specific query.
Best of luck