Is prolonged use of L- Montus for seasonal allergy treatment,safe?

Hello XXXXXXX ji ! Daily i have to face cold allergy and regular sputam white n black daily for which i have 2 take medicene L montus daily or a local doctor b.u.m.s L montus is v.supportive 2 me, is it harmful to take it daily nd regularly.some times it also does not works. I want to get rid of this allergy pl help
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take it daily. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. L- Montus is used to treat seasonal allergies and rhinitis and it can be taken on long term basis as long as your symptoms persist. It is a well tolerated medicine with minimal side effects. You can take it during the specific season when the allergy is more pronounced. Repeated bouts of cold allergy- allergic rhinitis is commonly associated with rainy season but may be seen all the year round. In these cases prevention is always better than cure. There are some general measures that can help you in reducing the problem- 1. Avoid dust, excessive humidity, sudden change in temperatures and any known allergen. 2.Start antiallergics in combination with antiinflammatory agent like L-Montus before the onset of first signs and symptoms. 3. Use XXXXXXX warm water for drinking. 4. Whenever symptoms appear, have steam inhalation twice daily - Take hot water in a vessel, put eucalyptus oil in it. Inhale it by covering yourself with a blanket. See to it that fans/AC are not on during this and after some time also i.e. around 10-15 minutes. 5. Avoid all irritants like perfumes, soot, etc. 6.Application of warm cloth, hot water bottle or gel pack to face for 5-10 minutes relieves pain and inflammation to some extent. 7.Use nasal decongestant or steroid drops or sprays for decongestion which encourages drainage. 8.Use a humidifier in your room. You must keep it in mind that such allergic disorders need extreme vigilance and timely treatment on the appearance of first symptoms. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL