Is progesterone safe to delay periods?
User rating for this question
Hi,my period got delayed this time. it was expected on 10th Nov. Pregnency test is negative. I have a XXXXXXX to attend on 25th Nov and planning on taking regestrone starting today. Please advise if this is would postpone by period till 26th.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Progesterone is safe for delaying periods. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Progesterone tablets like regesterone can be taken for delaying periods, as your pregnancy test is negative. You need to take it continuously till you want to delay and once you stop the medication you will get periods within 7 to 10 days. I usually give 5 mg 2 times daily for my patients for delaying periods. Should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist and request for prescription (which can be prescribed if there are no contraindications). Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- What to do when your vagina smells
- Just got my period and its brown
- Delayed periods taking progesterone pregnant
- Mons pubis lump on child
- Is progesterone safe to delay periods
- Excess watery vaginal discharge
- Progesterone tablets and delayed period
- Pain 3 months after hysterectomy
- Would albuterol inhaler cause stretch marks in inner thigh
- Watery discharge during ovulation
- Pin prick sensation in forehead
- Reason for cervical polyps recurring
- Does progynova and progesterone suppositories delay a period
- Does progesterone delay period
- Experimental cancer treatment for squamish cell cancer