Is progesterone safe to delay periods?

Hi,my period got delayed this time. it was expected on 10th Nov. Pregnency test is negative. I have a XXXXXXX to attend on 25th Nov and planning on taking regestrone starting today. Please advise if this is would postpone by period till 26th.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Progesterone is safe for delaying periods. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Progesterone tablets like regesterone can be taken for delaying periods, as your pregnancy test is negative. You need to take it continuously till you want to delay and once you stop the medication you will get periods within 7 to 10 days. I usually give 5 mg 2 times daily for my patients for delaying periods. Should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist and request for prescription (which can be prescribed if there are no contraindications). Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!