Is progesterone safe to delay periods?
User rating for this question
Hi,my period got delayed this time. it was expected on 10th Nov. Pregnency test is negative. I have a XXXXXXX to attend on 25th Nov and planning on taking regestrone starting today. Please advise if this is would postpone by period till 26th.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Progesterone is safe for delaying periods. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Progesterone tablets like regesterone can be taken for delaying periods, as your pregnancy test is negative. You need to take it continuously till you want to delay and once you stop the medication you will get periods within 7 to 10 days. I usually give 5 mg 2 times daily for my patients for delaying periods. Should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist and request for prescription (which can be prescribed if there are no contraindications). Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- Pink vaginal fluid after cerclage
- Beetroot pink urine ketones
- Pink discharge after cerclage
- Epidural procedurealcoholic beverages the night before
- Does taking clomid help after cerazette
- Delayed periods taking progesterone pregnant
- Is progesterone safe to delay periods
- Progesterone tablets and delayed period
- Is belching before period mean pregnancy
- Thick itching skin beetwen legs
- Pink creamy discharge after cerclage
- Does progynova and progesterone suppositories delay a period
- Does progesterone delay period
- Raw beets make your poop red
- When will periods return after cerazette