Is prickling and tingling under jaw and around ears symptoms of shingles?

I have been off of Crestor for two weeks due to "arthritis" type pail in knees and arms. They now are fine. Now the left side of my jaw is numb and I have a feeling of "crawling, prickling, pins and needles and tingling under my jaw and up and around my ears. This morning same on the right side. I am on an anti viral pill for "shigles" with no result as I really do not feel I have that. Any suggestions as this is driving me nuts!!
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Shingles as possible cause to your problems... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is great that you stopped taking Crestor once you noticed its side effects ("arthritis" like symptoms). You are saying to have shingles and to get treated for that. Partially, the symptoms you are experiencing are associated with shingles as it affects the nerves. Once the shingles will go away, these symptoms would vanish too. But, it will need time. Try to relax. If not improvement, can consult neurologist to determine any possible neurological in the affected area. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have in the next follow up! Dr.Alba