Is premature ejaculation due to excessive masturbation?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi I am XXXXXXX I am 28 and i have very very bad masterbate habit I do it minimum 2 times a day or sometime when I get chance I do it more than two times a day. I been doing this from last 8 years. I have one girlfriend and when i did sex with her I ejaculate very queickly. Is it because of my masterbation. I desperately want to quit but I can not control myself. Please suggest some idea how I can quet, I am too scared to go to doctor for that.

Thanks
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:

•     28 year old male
•     Complaints of: worry related to masturbation and early ejaculation

First, you to know that masturbation is not harmful for health and more than 80% man and woman masturbate in some point of the time. So, stay relaxed.

In present situation if you are not masturbating more than 35-6 times per week than there is no problem. If you are masturbating more even then it is not harmful but it is better to decrease the frequency of it.

Even past history of excessive masturbating does not affect patient condition, but if you have guilt then it can increase your worry and anxiety. Masturbation does not affect ejaculation time also.

Normal ejaculatory latent time is more than 2-3 minute and it differs again from person to person. If it is less in your case then you can use following methods to extend your pleasure:
-First most important: it increases with experience.
-More foreplay
-Woman on top during sex
-Condoms (some brands with anesthetic gel) that help in delaying ejaculation
-Medicines like Dapoxitine which you can get after prescription from physician.

Final message: do not worry and enjoy masturbation whenever you do it without any guilt.

Wish you good health.