Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy bleeding ?

Hi. On Wednesday Ithr day of my period I toke a pregnancy test it said 1 to 2 weeks pregnant and 3 hours later took another one and it said the same thing pregnant,on Thursday I took 2 more test and it was negative and today heavy bleeding am I pregnant or not. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

If you are actively menstruating it is very unlikely that you could be pregnant.

If you are having normal bleeding the flow will be moderate sure you could repeat another pregnancy test after your period is over. The best time to test is in the morning with a full bladder. If the test is again positive I suggest you ask your physician for a blood test to confirm.

I hope I have adequately answered your concern. I am available for your followups.