Is pregnancy possible while on registrone and without ejaculation inside ?

Question
I was on registrone tablets( one per day ) since 22nd July. My periods were due from the 25th of July. We had unprotected sex on the 27th-29th but my partner did not ejaculate inside. I had my last tablet on the 28th . Within how many days should my periods start again? Are there chances i can be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The chances of you getting pregnant while taking regesterone for withdrawal bleeding is very less. Also, your partner did not ejaculate inside you.

After finishing the tablets on 28th, you should expect your periods on 31st july or 1st august. If the periods are still delayed then you need to have a pregnancy test done to rule out the pregnancy fifteen days after the date of having sex.

Regesterone if taken for whole month can prevent the pregnancy. Its use only for seven days does not provide any dependable contraception.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible while on registrone and without ejaculation inside ? 2 hours later
Can i take regestrone for one month from today to eliminate any chances of pregnancy? or was it needed to be taken one month prior to the date of intercourse? And is 1st a concrete date for my periods? If it doesnt happen tomorrow, then should i be concerned about being pregnant?
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible while on registrone and without ejaculation inside ? 43 minutes later
And i had taken regestrone to delay my periods, since we were on a trip. I am not clear about "withdrawal bleeding". Could you elaborate please. Thank You.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

Contraceptives or regesterone should have been taken one month prior to the date of intercourse. Continuing it now will not help you.

You can wait till 3rd august and if it does not happen either there is pregnancy or there is hormonal imbalance which needs to be ruled out.

Withdrawal bleeding means the periods which you get after stopping the progesterone supplement- regesterone.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible while on registrone and without ejaculation inside ? 7 hours later
Hello doctor. I finally had my periods today. Thank you so much for the help.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for the follow up.

You are most welcome. Now I advise you to use a regular contraceptive combination pills for contraception.

Happy to help you always.
Regards.