Is pregnancy possible while having periods?

Hi.i had sex with my bf 2 days ago and I am into my periods today as per my regular cycle. He ejaculated inside me, can I be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy is highly unlikely Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXX, Thanks for writing to us. If you have regular 28-30 day cycles, you were in the safe period, when no conception can happen even with unprotected intercourse, when the act occurred. Fertile period, or the time when an unprotected intercourse can cause pregnancy, is in the middle of a cycle when ovulation occurs. Fertile period in a 28-day cycle is between day 8 to day 16 since ovulation occurs on day 14. So, please do not worry about pregnancy. Moreover, the fact that you have attained your normal menstrual period clears all your fears. Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, XXXXX
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible while having periods? 1 hour later
My periods occur 6 to 7 days early every month. so it was just about to start when we had intercourse. However this time there is no pain around my belly area which usually happens every time and my blood is not smelling bad which generally smells foul, hope this is not related to pregnancy too. Thanks a lot
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: This cannot be related to pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. You have a 23-24 day cycle and this means your ovulation falls around day 8-10 of your cycle. Please remember, ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the onset of the next cycle and the variation in the length of the cycle is due to the variation in the pre-ovulatory phase. If the bleeding is normal in flow and duration, you need not get concerned at all. Associated symptoms may not always be present. You are absolutely safe and so, just sit back and relax. Hope your query has been answered. Please contact for further information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.