Is pregnancy possible inspite of taking Postpone 72 after unprotected sex?

Hello doctor, took Postpone 72 after 30 hrs of unprotected sex. now my periods date as crossed 4 days from the regular period cycle. Am I pregnant now ? what to do
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: you could be pregnant Detailed Answer: Hello, There are chances for you to be pregnant since the contraceptive pill postpone 72 is not 100% protective against pregnancy. You have a fair little chance of 5 to 10% of being pregnant. My suggestion to you is to wait for a week more. If you do not get your period in a week's time from now, then you may do a home urine pregnancy test. In my view, pregnancy is unlikely but not impossible. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible inspite of taking Postpone 72 after unprotected sex? 19 minutes later
1. Last period date 17th nov to 20th Nov. Had unprotected sex on 8th Dec afternoon. 2. took postpone 72 pill on 9th Dec night after dinner. 3. Is this pill work for my wife. She is more stressed that till today the periods as not come. So she is afraid of pregnancy. 4. How long the periods will get disturbed because of this Pill. She always have regular periods. So now the date as crossed, so very much afraid. We already have 2 children and that is the reason we want to avoid pregnancy Kindly reply with some clear data for our understanding.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: too early to talk about pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the details. 1. unprotected sex in 8th Dec - your wife was mostly unfertile on this day. No chance of pregnancy then. 2. pill was taken within the well expected 72 hours. So, nothing wrong in it too. 3. yes, the pill would work for your wife. 4. variation can be between 2 weeks before or after the expected date of period. In such a case, I recommend my patients to wait for a week more, and then do a home urine pregnancy test. You can also do this; wait for a week more from today. Regards,