Is pregnancy possible during menopause?

Mar 2016

Hi I went 16 months without a period .Had sex without contraception.Panicked and got morming after pill/ I then got a period i am 54 this year , I had a test done last year which showed ovarian failure which I take it means menopause, I am finding it very hard to believe that I cant get pregnant after years of avoding it
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. You have NO chance of pregnancy as you have undergone menopause for last 16 months and took morning after pill additionally as protection. You got period like withdrawal bleeding due to effect of the pill. It is quite common and natural phenomena. It will stop automatically within 3 to 5 days. You have NO need to worry. Maintain your genital hygiene properly. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Don't be worried. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible during menopause? 0 minute later
So I don't have to use contraception in the future.I am just so scared
Answered by Dr. S Patra 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO NEED ANY CONTRACEPTION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. NO, you don't need any kind of contraception as you have undergone menopause and there will be NO ovulation. So, don't be worried about this. Hope, it helps for you. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen