Is pregnancy possible during menopause?

Question
Hi! Stupid question but will ask anyhow. I haven't had my periods for 3 years now so is it possible if I had sex I could still get pregnant?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No periods for 3 years now due to menopause.... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Everything related to your health is not considered stupid. Everyone has the right to ask and to get answered. Now, you are 53 years old. It is the age where hormonal changes are associated with lack of periods. So, if you haven't had your periods for 3 years now, it is due to menopause. I am sure you are also having flushing, mood swings, etc. They are all normal for your age (also called menopause). Thank you for asking my dear! All the best! Feel free to ask any other question you might have! I'd be happy to assist you! Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible during menopause? 20 days later
Thank you but you didn’t say if I could still get pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Impossible to get pregnant after 3yrs no periods.. Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, It is impossible for you to get pregnant. Usually, if your periods won't come withing a full year, then, it could be impossible to get pregnant. You are 3 years now without periods, so, again, it is impossible to get pregnant. However, if you are still sexually active, please take proper measures to avoid STDs as your risk for having them is still high. All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha