Is pregnancy possible despite taking unwanted-72 within two days after having sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Sir I had sex on 23rd December n 24th December. On 25th I took an unwanted-72, and ya during sex m pretty mch sure sperms were nt spilled in me, but still out of precaution I took medicine n den on 6th Janauary I took a pregnancy test, n it was negative nly, so m i fine? or still m prone to pregnancy, m 20 years old.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: REPEAT TEST AFTER A WEEK. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your health concern. Even if your partner did not ejaculate inside you, pre ejaculatory fluids can still contain some amount of sperms, so the risk of pregnancy exists. Can you tell me when was your last menstrual period ? As you have taken emergency contraceptive pill, chances of pregnancy are very less. However, you have taken the pregnancy test slightly early. If you do not have your periods after a week, then please repeat the pregnancy test. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking unwanted-72 within two days after having sex? 33 minutes later
Ma last menstural cycle was on 18th December to 23rd December. It follows 6 days, I follow a 28 day cycle. N i had intercourse on 24th n 23rd n most probably the ejaculation was totally spilld out and on 25th I took Unwanted-72 and til now pregnancy results are negative.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Just after your periods, chances of pregnancy are absolutely less, also ejaculation also occurred outside so do not worry. Please wait for your periods, if you skip , then take a pregnancy test. Do not worry.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking unwanted-72 within two days after having sex? 2 hours later
Dr. Can der b any shift(pre-ponement or postponement) in ma periodic cycle dis time n if yes den it wud make how mch difference den d normal days? Kindly reply me mam! Lyk i hav got fever ryt nw, may b its due to cold in North n felling cold, I don't wish to go to d doctor. N my nrmal cycle shud cum around 16th, so is der any link between all dis!

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes, the pill can prepone or postpone your normal periods by a week, or sometimes, upto ten days. Fever is mostly seasonal. However, if your normal cycle is not present on time, then take a pregnancy test just to be sure, even though the delay might very well be due to the pills taken.