Is pregnancy possible despite taking unwanted 72 pill after 2 hours of sex?

Question
i had sex wid my gal on the 14th day of her cycle. she took unwanted 72 pill after 2 hours of sex. is she going to get pregnant? actually she also took the same pill twice within a week earlier for unprotected sex. wat are the chances that she wil get pregnant? am i suppose to do anything more to avoid her from getting pregnant? please help me
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Effective contraception failure rate <1% Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I have analyzed your query completely, coming back to your questions: i had sex wid my gal on the 14th day of her cycle. she took unwanted 72 pill after 2 hours of sex. is she going to get pregnant? NO, the chances of pregnancy with emergency pill like "unwanted 72" is very less, less than 1%. So there is no need to worry. wat are the chances that she wil get pregnant? less than 1%. This is very effective emergency contraception pill. am i suppose to do anything more to avoid her from getting pregnant? Nothing extra you can do now except to wait for her next periods. Kindly tell your girl not to take stress, as stress can delay her periods and can lead to unnecessary anxiety. Next time kindly use a proper contraceptive measure to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking unwanted 72 pill after 2 hours of sex? 17 minutes later
are there effects if she takes unwanted 72 more than twice in a week? does unwanted 72 work after the ovulation has taken? especially on 14th day of cycle?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly do not worry. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for the follow up questions... Coming back to your questions, are there effects if she takes unwanted 72 more than twice in a week? The contraceptive effect is not lost. But sometimes due to high progesterone effect there might be some irregularities in the future periods. does unwanted 72 work after the ovulation has taken? Yes they do work. Another mechanism of action of this pill is by preventing fertilization of an egg by affecting the cervical mucus or the ability of sperm to bind to the egg. So it is effective even after ovulation. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!