Is pregnancy possible after immedidiate intake of ipill post sex?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Could you please tell me the normal cycle length , that is, in how many days do you generally have your menstrual cycle. In a normal 28 day cycle, ovulation occurs around day 14. So, if you had your periods on 6th December, then on 22nd December, you would have high chances of ovulation. However, if the I pill is taken within 24 hours of unprotected intercourse, then it is 95 % effective in preventing a pregnancy. However, the I pill will fail to work if ovulation has already occurred. So please tell me your cycle length so that I can estimate if you had already ovulated. You would only know if you are pregnant or not 4 weeks after the episode of unprotected intercourse. After taking the I pill, in all probability, you would experience some kind of withdrawal bleeding / spotting in a few days. Your normal period could be preponed or postponed by a week or more. Right now, have protected sex, and take a pregnancy test 4 weeks from now to be sure. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible after immedidiate intake of ipill post sex? 39 minutes later
i XXXXXXX wana be pregnant is der method to prevent it
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Apart from taking the I pill, there is nothing you can do after unprotected intercourse. You have already taken I pill. If you do turn out to be pregnant, then there are ways to terminate the pregnancy. THis can be done by medications if the pregnancy is diagnosed in time. If the pregnancy test is negative, consult a doctor at the earliest to consider termination methods. Meanwhile, switchover to a reliable method of contraception. Take care.
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible after immedidiate intake of ipill post sex? 0 minute later
is der any method to prevent i am very much worried.....any method to prevent it before 4 weeks
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
People also viewed
- Child has loss of energy lethargy excessive sleep worry
- Will taking ipill after having sex prevent pregnancy
- Pregnancy after eating ipill
- Is pregnancy possible after immedidiate intake of ipill post sex
- Deviated nasal bone need surgery for straightening
- Done with all the test during pregnancy meaning
- Is vaginal bleeding after ipill intake a sign of pregnancy
- Can pregnancy happen if ipill is taken after sex
- What does an unborn child small head circumference mean?
- Painful molar due to infection extraction advised need help
- Is chicken liver safe to eat during pregnancy
- Sore throat dark colored phlegm chest congestion and cough infection
- Effects of conjuncgivitis to unborn child
- There is evidence of a single viable intrauterine pregnancy in a changing lie
- How can eating dirt harm my unborn child