Is painless vaccination safe for an infant?

sir, painless vaccination for 3 month kid is safe? some of my freinds tell that it is less effective? so ...pls guide me..
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 26 minutes later

I can feel your concerns. Let me brief you about a few difference between DTap (painless vaccine) and DTP (regular vaccine):

1. DTap also known as painless vaccine is newer research product with less side effects (excessive crying, swelling, fever, erythema, irritability, vomiting) .

2. It's a proven fact and several studies showing better efficacy of DTaP in comparison to DTP.
In contrast to DTP, the DTaP vaccine also has some efficacy against B. Parapertussis.

3. DTaP is costlier than that of DTP.

4. DTaP is acellular vaccine and it does not contain the component which causes fever and other side effects.

Hence I recommend DTaP is better than DTP in all aspects if cost is not an issue

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

With regards