Is painful swallowing, dry lips, red tip of tongue due to dehydration?

my tongue is red at the tip and it's very painful to eat. Swallowing ispainful and my lips are dry and cracking, despite using chapped lip treatment. Had gastric bypass 2 years ago and all blood work has not indicated any malabsorption issues. Wondering if these symptoms are just dehydration or something more serious.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion. 1. What type of gastric bypass surgery was done? 2.What blood work has been done? 3. Any other medical illness? 4. Are you on any medications? Do get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini