Is pain under my ribs and duodenum pain caused due to binge drinking?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Oops, had a binge at a party,resulting in swllenstomach,pain,nausea that was Monday now Saturday and feeling 70%better. Know I have damaged my liver, I will not drink again ,anything else I can do? Also pain under right ribs and left side and at duodenum was v pain full
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to gastritis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain that you are having is likely to be due to gastritis caused by a binge drinking. You will need proton pump inhibitors for a week or two. Omeprazole is usually available over the counter and can be taken once a day before breakfast. Check with your pharmacist about its availability. In addition, you also need some strict life style modification like- Avoid hot and spicy foods coffee and beverages - they worsen symptoms. If you smoke, stop smoking. Lose weight if needed. Eat small but frequent meals at regular intervals. Avoid lying down immediately after a meal. A minimum of 2-3 hours should be lapsed after a meal. Raise the head of your bed 6 to 8 inches by securing wood blocks under the bedposts. Just using extra pillows will not help. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL