Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while taking Celebrex, Valium and phentenyl patch?

I have had burning pain since I had a colonoscopy, 15 years ago. Otherwise I'm in good health. I've been on heavey pain Medes, but now they're not working. Recently heard about pudendal nerve entrapment, and have had injections, but they didn't help. I've been to a lot of Drs, tried electric pain stimulator- didn't work. There are a few known doctors, but non in LA, who do surgery for this problem. Some Drs don't believe in pudendal nerve entrapment, & surgeries aren't very successful. I have no quality of life. I'm trying some new meds, methodone, next marijuana next, then physical therapy. I have a great husband, but my life feels like it's over. I spend my days on the sofa, since I can't sit. My best friend who's a nurse practitioner says I need a patient advocate, but it checked them out & they're unqualified helpers, not educated scientists. I'm at a dead end. I've done research on the internet, & there is no obviousness answer. My internist doesn't know what I should do. At least no one has suggested the pain is psychological. Last week saw a Nuroligist, who says I am normal. I've also had cat scans & x-rays of my body parts & they came out normal. I've tried different anti-depressants. I couldn't take cymbalta. Now I'm on Celebrex, gralise, Valium, phentenyl patch, Vicodin, & trying to change to methodone. I see a pain specialist. I am wondering if a pain pump is a good solution. My pain Dr. Doesn't like the idea as he says I'll be tied to him. Before this I was a happy, working woman. I have 2 children (grown) & 2 grandchildren. Until this I had a wonderful life.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more details Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Hi, welcome to our site. I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Read your query. That is a very significant question and i appreciate your problem. I will try my best to answer your query I sympathize with your problems. Chronic pain is a very problematic issue for the one who has to bear it. I am sorry, however, since from your query i am not very clear why you had a colonoscopy in the first place, where exactly do you have the pain and numbness. And what tests have been done- there is a mention that radiodiagnosis showed nothing. Radiodiagnosis has several modes like x rays, ct scan and mri. So which modality was used, and for which parts? I would like to be of further help.i know this doesn’t help you much yet, but I need to know more details. Inform the details and reports mentioned above so I can be of help further. Best of luck. Looking forward to your return query with the details asked so that I can help you further.
Follow-up: Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while taking Celebrex, Valium and phentenyl patch? 42 hours later
I have rectal burning & pain. I don't have numbness. I had a colonoscopy as a routine test done at age 55, to be sure there is no colon cancer. Before I had the test for electric stimulator, the Dr. Had me have x-rays & cat scans of my spine, tail bone, and all my organs to be sure I don't have a tumor, & they all came out normal That was about a year ago.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Tests and surgical opinion Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX. I read your response. And I will give my opinion accordingly. You have rectal burning and pain. I am assuming there is no bleeding per rectally. I would suggest you to meet a surgeon once. There are conditions like Anal fissures and internal hemorrhoids. However these should have been picked up on colonoscopy, they are frequently missed there. A surgeon can check these better by direct examination. You have had an extensive work up and i am hoping the following tests were included in them 1. Thyroid profile 2. Sugars 3. Stool examination 4. Complete Hemogram I would like to know the reports of these. If they have not been done, I would like to know the reports. But I would definitely suggest meeting a surgeon. Besides, an MRI of the spine would be a better option, especially now that one year has gone by. You see, the doctors there were worried about malignancy. I want to know the status of the spinal cord and the nerves. Hoping to help you further. Do respond with the reports and the surgical opinion. Dr Saumya Mittal