Is pain pump a good option for rare form of lupus?

I have rare form of lupus. Have been on pain medication ten years which has kept me to continue to be somewhat active. Now need to find new doctor after ten years for medications. Looking into pain pumps and wondering how to get one. It sounds like excellent idea. If not, a PvP that will prescribe medications..
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Lupus needs management, Detailed Answer: Good day Madam! My name is Dr S Khan and i read your concern for your 10 years battle with lupus and perseverance of pain all these years. No doubt the pain is intolerable and management in this is tiring and long term. I appreciate your efforts in this and would like to guide you in this regard. Lupus is an autoimmune disorder which wears and tears the joint and many organs in the system but mostly the end organs and vital organs like kidneys and brains are the one we need to care for. As you said you used medicines,, i want you to know that these medicines are long term and shuld be continued to control the lupus other wise flares will occur and you will be in trouble. SO now all you need is a good rheumatologist and a chronic pain management specialist. My advice is to stick to the old one as he has been with you for 10 years and he knows better what is best for you. Getting to know the new one might compromise and salvage your condition which is under the stress of lupus. Rest you have the right to second opinion. Even i can help you find one had the location been provided. But madam remember lupus need a team of doctors and the more doctors know about your condition the better it would be. Hope this answer finds you in good health. Kindly do ask the query if you have any other wise please close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Have a very good rst of the day Regards Dr S Khan