Is pain in scalp that is relieved by pressure due to nerve pain?

I have sharp shooting pain on my scalp. It's not a headache. when I apply pressure to the place where i have the pain it relieves it. I was told this was nerve this true.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs clinical correlation Detailed Answer: Good day Miss Mlwim! Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your this pain on scalp. Miss Mlwim these scalp pains could be headaches or could be frontal sinuses infections. It needs a clinical correlation. If the issue has not been persistent for long time i am sure there is nothing to worry about. If the pains like these recur again and again then i recommend visit to a neurologist for further sorting out the aetiology for you. It could be migraine or neuralgia or sinusitis. An otorhinolaryngologist should be consulted too. Mean while some acetaminophen would be enough to relieve pain. Nasal decongestants will sooth the pain with concomitant avoiding the triggers for migraine Alcohol - Particularly wine and beer Caffeine overuse or caffeine withdrawal Chocolate Aspartame - eg, NutraSweet and Equal Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - May be found in Asian food, canned soup, frozen or processed foods, and the seasoning product Accent Fruits - Citrus fruits, bananas, avocados, and dried fruit Nuts - Peanuts, soy nuts, and soy sauce Tyramine, a biogenic amine that accumulates in food as it ages, may provoke migraine. Sources include the following: Dairy - Aged cheese Meat - Bacon, sausage, luncheon meat, deli meat, pepperoni, and smoked or cured meat Pickled foods Heavily yeasted breads - Eg, sourdough Vinegars - Especially wine vinegar Some types of beans Hope it helps Miss Mlwim. Seek help if the problem persisted and take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please. Regards Khan