Is pain in lower neck any side effect or allergy to Clarithromycin and methylprednisolone ?

I have been taking omeprazole for 2 weeks now. Just started Clarithromycin on Friday night and Methylprednisolone on Saturday morning. I can breathe fine, but my throat feels a little swollen and I have some modest pain in my lower neck (related to the throat tightness). Hard to tell if its related to the new drugs or ongoing symptoms of my GERD, esophigitis and sinus issues. When do I need to be worried? And if was an allergy to one of the drugs, wouldn't it have shown up sooner, not day 3?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
The drugs you are taking are least likely to cause the symptoms you are having and if ti is allergy , you are right in pointing out that it most probably shows with the first 2 -3 doses only and not so late.
The symptoms you are having of tightness and heaviness in your throat or lower neck might be due to either the sinus infection spreading to your throat or the esophagitis affecting the upper part of esophagus.
Both the problems can be ruled out by examination by your doctor and then treated accordingly. Moreover you should be concerned if you run temperature uncontrolled by medicine, not able to swallow fluids and speak.
Meanwhile you can do warm saline gargles to relieve the pain if it is due to inflammation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.