Is pain in arms and muscle tightness common after electric shock?

is pain in my arms (muscle tightness) common after electric shock
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Muscle pain and stiffness is common after electric shock. It can last for several days. All depends on the Current, duration, pathway and voltage. Higher the above said factors more XXXXXXX the injury.
Usually there is fluid loss from our body in electric shock that causes muscle spasm. It gradually reduces when you get back to normal diet and activities. Ordinarily I would expect it to gradually subside. If it is not, then I would suggest to visit to the doctor get checked for any nerve injury.
Hopefully it will start to get better. But if you have any burn area, cardiac arrhythmia, numbness in arms or legs or any gangrenous tissue than you must consult your treating doctor as soon as possible.
Write again if you have other related queries.
Best wishes and have a speedy recovery
Dr.Kulbir Singh