Is pain around back and shoulder region associated with lung infection?

I was diagnosed with a left lung infection on monday and given amoxicillin, my cough etc has persisted through the week, I now have a bad headache and pains around my face which I assume is sinuses, I went back to the doctor today who has now prescribed this evening I have been experiencing a feeling of sickness and pain around the back in the left shoulder blade region...
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Pleuritic pain Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXX Pain around back and left shoulder is likely to be Pleuritic chest pain associated with left lung infection. There is no cause for concern if you are not running temperature and your respiratory rate us normal. It should settle down in couple of days. Apart from medication you are presently on I would like to give you some more suggestions 1.Taking steam inhalation 3 to 4 times a day, with each session for about 15minutes will be beneficial for your sinus and will clear the congestion in chest. 2. Taking analgesic like Ibuprofen 400mg will help relieving pain 3. Application of hot fomentation to area of pain will also provide much needed relief Do take good care of your health Wishing you a very healthy life Do get back to me if you have any other query Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD