Is pain and limping normal after bicycling and hiking?

is 2-3 days pain/limping normal after 1-2 weeks of bicycling/hiking? 66 years, had left hip arthoplasy in 2007. post bike accident. surgeon said the affected leg has 5% muscle mass. moved to new location
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Biking and hiking would have increased the activity in the muscles causing micro tears in the muscle which has to undergo repair and added to that lactic acid would have got secreted by the muscle which has to be cleared by the blood stream. Limping and muscle aches will be there up to a week, if the limp continues please approach an orthopedic surgeon soon I hope I was of help If you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards