Is oxalic acid in the blood indicator of good health ?

What do we know about oxalic acid in the blood and how useful is it to us. Does it help to have adequate amounts of it in the bloodstream and is it useful as an indicator to how good your health may be especially for one who is retiring from the workforce due to age. In others word a XXXXXXX Are there any research papers re oxalic acid in the blood.

Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I read your mail with diligence. I beg to differ we know a lot about oxalic acid. We manufacture them for industrial purposes.
I knew about oxalate stones in kidney and knew excess of oxalic acid can cause kidney stones. But your question made me curious too. I could not find any beneficial role of oxalic acid in human health. I picked up one of the reference I searched in the net and quoting that adverbatim. If you have some reference to show basis for your question please write to me as followup query. I will study and give reply rather I will be too happy to answer your question. I quote:
A nutrition with high consumption of oxalic acid-rich food can lead to the production of kidney stones. This is because metal ions like calcium form insoluble precipitates with oxalate (calcium oxalate). Calcium oxalate is responsible for 75% of all kidney stones.

Measures to reduce the content of oxalic acid
Example: rhubarb
Since the leaves of rhubarb have the highest content of oxalic acid, only the stalks are eatable. So it is recommended to remove the leaves and to clean and peel the rhubarb. If you blanch it (plunge it into boiling water), a part of the oxalic acid gets into the cooking water (as of course do the water soluble vitamins like vitamin c).
Oxalic acid-rich food and diary products
As mentioned above, the consumption of oxalic acid-rich food and diary products leads to the production of oxalate which can hardly be absorbed by the intestine. For persons who must pay attention to a low oxalic acid diet, this is a proper way to reduce the content of this acid.
But, as the absorption of the valuable calcium is also reduced, this method is less recommended for people who require a calcium-rich diet (e.g. for the therapy or prevention of osteoporosis).
Read more why you should not pick rhubarb after XXXXXXX
Quelle: Oxalic Acid - Food Glossary - WWW.WWWW.WW von WWW.WWWW.WW

Looking forward to get a mail from you.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover, Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Is oxalic acid in the blood indicator of good health ? 15 minutes later

is the website that claims that

"When is the last time you knew of anyone being granted a patent for anything natural? That folks, never happens. It has for Colonel XXXXXXX He has been granted three (3) Patents for the Application of oxalic acid for treatment of cancer, bacterial and viral infections, and vascular diseases. Why isn't the medical community screaming its merits? I wonder if the fear that this would eliminate a trillion dollar yearly health industry have anything to do with it? Talk about an answer to our nation's health care crisis XXXXXXX

Colonel XXXXXXX has been granted 3 patents namely,

As mentioned, he has been issued three (3) patents. All the information can be found by going to: WWW.WWWW.WW Once you’re there enter the following patent numbers to view each patent in its entirety: 6,133,318, 6,133,317, and 6,407,141 Colonel XXXXXXX went to the expense and hard work to patent his discovery with the express intent of protecting the discovery from those that would do whatever they could to profit from the information. By having the patents, Colonel XXXXXXX has complete control in keeping the cost of any pharmaceutical pills, lotions, mouthwashes, etc., they may eventually be created at a bare minimum. He cannot tolerate the idea of ill persons being taken advantage of and harmed.

Just wondering how true this is and why the Medical profession have not at least looked at it and reneged it if false.

I'm the curious type so I was wondering what you as a professional also think???

Thank you for your first reply
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later

I am grateful for your reply.

I will have to study the references and also try to find medical references if any one has taken note of whatever is my research, I will make the synopsis available to you.

As you can not ask third question without paying and I can not answer third reply will be obliged if you can convey your email address for getting the details which may take a day or so more. My email id is YYYY@YYYY .

Thank You.

Dr Anil Grover, Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology) http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW