Is overweight. Feel pain in feet nearly every time and some times this gets aggravated. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am slighlty overweight with 5.7 feet hight and weight of around 78 kg, I feel pain in my right feet nearly every time and some times this gets aggrivated also to the extent that I am compelled to use spray. I have been facing this for last 3 years.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

thanks for writing to us

I am Dr Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopaedic surgeon

Pain in foot can be due to
calcaneal spur [bone overgrowth] ,leading to pain on walking and standing,
If anatomical arch is lost leading to FLAT FOOT can cause persistant pain,
Nerve compression in spine can give radicular pain in whole lower leg

You need clinical examination from orthopaedic surgeon
X XXXXXXX foot and calcaneum, till that continue spray when required.

Yes overweight will increase mechanical pain, your ideal weight should be between 62 to 74 kg

For weight loss program, you need combined efforts of diet control, exercises and body mind balance.

Do treadmill and swimming and here are my exercises for you, which will definitely, help in quick weight reduction.

1 lying on your back flat raise both legs simultaneously 6 inch from ground and lift[6 inch ] head and hand pointing towards feet.[hold position for 15 sec][BOAT POSE]

2 lying on back raise leg straight from hip upto 60 degree and make big circle in air, now do with opposite leg.

3 Now lying on you stomach raise one leg 6 inch and hold for 15 sec, now do with other leg, and now both leg

4 continue lying on stomach raise both leg and head with both arm [ arm straight in front] , do for 15 sec [SUPERMAN POSE], keep breathing in all position, do this before taking any food.

5 Daily morning walk

Now in diet
AVOID- cheese,non-veg,bakery items,butter, buffalo milk, potato,bread,spicy food, tea/coffee/drinks[alcohol]
TAKE-green leafy vegetables, salads, cucumber,fresh fruits, sprouts, legumes brocolli, drink lot of water.

Stress and anxiety also increases weight so avoid it.