Is olimelt a safe medicine for schizophrenia?

Doc, is olimelt a safe medicine for schizophrenia?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Olimelt contain olanzapine. It is a second generation antipsychotic and have effect on psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. But it should be taken under psychiatrist supervision. It is safe medicine. It tend to increase appetite. So, it is better to control weight and diet with the use of this medicine. Apart from that blood sugar and lipid profile monitoring may be needed in frequent interval (3-6 months). I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Is olimelt a safe medicine for schizophrenia? 25 minutes later
Doc, is withdrawl from this medicine less painful than from 1. fluvoxamine and 2.oliza? and are the side effects less stronger than of the other two medicines?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for follow up. Oliza and olimelt are same medicine as both of them contain olanzapine salt. Fluoxamine is different medicine from them and used for depression. Olimelt is a non addictive medicine and can be used for years. It do not lead to withdrawal symptoms. But symptoms of illness can recur after its stoppage without doctor advice. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. Wish you good health. Regards