Is numbness in the right hand due to fibromylgia?

My mother is 60 yrs. She is complainingg of numness on right hand. Consulted neuro doctors and said it is firbromylgia but checked with Physiotherapy and it was fine for 1 week, stops the medicine . Sometimes she is getting weekeness even she keeps eating. Please help my mother.

Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Follow-up: Is numbness in the right hand due to fibromylgia? 12 minutes later
She stops taking fibromygia medicine for 1 week as the physiothrerapy founf hardness and done triggger point hterapy. Now we continue to the medicine by taking half of the tablets (Amitone 25 and Pexidep). But this medicine doesnt helped her. She has improve a lot. Wehn she get weekes she get hypertension on head and complete weekeness.

We have done scanning of nerver and tissues , the results cames out OK.
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 8 hours later

Your mother has weakness and numbness of the right hand which is intermittent and improves completely. The cause can be in the nerves of the right hand, neck, spinal cord or in the brain.

When some one is hypertensive we should always consider minor stroke also. I want to know what kind of tests were done.

Usually in fibromyalgia such symptoms are not seen.

I would like to know the details of the test done as this would help me in suggesting you better and would like to suggest you after going through the reports.

I would also like to know if her Blood pressure levels are in normal range and the medications she is taking at present?

You can mail me the reports to YYYY@YYYY with subject:ATTN:Dr Shiva Kumar and please do confirm mailing of the reports by writing here as to suggest you at the earliest.

Awaiting your reply.