Is numbness in my hand caused due to neck injury?

I have numbness in my fingers on left hand; and when I turn my head and look up I am so dizzy I almost fall down. I also have a herniated disk in my neck. I also fell down 1 week ago; could it be a injury to my neck.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Problem might be due to fall, neck muscle strain Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting query. As you got herniated disc in your cervical region, it can cause this problem due to irritation and pressure on nerves coming out from that particular vertebra and inter-vertebral disc. As you also had fall one week back, it might have given more pressure on your already herniated disc and muscles strain of neck muscles might have aggravated your condition, leading to tingling and numbness in left hand and dizziness. Go for x-ray of cervical region and compare with old one to know any further damage in your herniated disc. Consult orthopedic surgeon if your problem persists. Meanwhile go for physiotherapy, short way diathermy and cervical traction as advised by your orthopedic surgeon. Give rest to neck muscles and take muscle relaxant medicines. I hope , I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please write back. take care.