Is normal to have brownish bleeding with irregular periods?
User rating for this question
Hi. I am 51 years old and haven't had a regular menstrual period in about two years.. That is until Dec. 1st and then XXXXXXX 1st. Only a few light ones a couple of times. These two seem like regular periods. They last about 5 days, but not as clumpy maybe more red than the old brownish red. The only change in the last few months is a new job that I like better and more sex with husband now that we are empty-nesters. Is this anything to be concerned about?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: testing Detailed Answer: Hello, What you have is post menopausal bleeding. This is not normal though occasional bleeding is sometimes seen. Its important to rule out any pathology. First i would suggest that you get an ultrasound. The endometrial lining thickness should be noted. In post menopausal women usually the ET is less than 5mm. Thickened endometrial lining is not a good sign. In such a case, a biopsy from within the uterus should be done. Along with that, a Pap smear from the cervix should also be done to find out any pathology on the cervix.
People also viewed
- What is light brown cottage cheese discharge
- Is duct tape toxic on the penis
- Is it normal to have bleeding with irregular periods problem
- Cherry pop brown discharge
- Mucus out of tear duct
- Is normal to have brownish bleeding with irregular periods
- Irregular periods brownish discharge advise
- Cause of male brown discharge
- Severe hair loss due to duromine
- Duct tape left rash online
- Bleed after intercourse irregular periods is it normal
- Brown discharge almost like chocolate
- Right lymphatic duct swollen
- Child vomits brown and thick
- Is it normal to have irregular periods