Is normal sperm morphology of 4 % is normal indicted in semen analysis?
User rating for this question
i recently got my semen analysis done. my sperm morphology is 4% normal sperm is this a problem?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is normal. Check other parameters are normal? Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes. Normal Sperm morphology of 4 % is very normal. Sperm morphology results are reported as the percentage of sperm that appear normal when semen is viewed under a microscope. Normal sperm have an oval head with a long tail. Abnormal sperm have head or tail defects — such as a large or misshapen head or a crooked or double tail. These defects may affect the ability of the sperm to reach and penetrate an egg. However, having a large percentage of misshapen sperm isn't uncommon. If your sperm sample contains only 4 percent "morphologically normal forms," it's considered normal. But check the others parameters mentioned below is normal or abnormal for you. 1. Semen volume 2. Total sperm count 3. Sperm concentration 4. Vitality of sperm 5. Motility of sperm Even with abnormal sperm morphology, motility problems or a low sperm count, it's important to remember that an abnormal semen analysis does not mean you are infertile. Many men with low semen analysis values are still able to father children. Thus do not get worried about this results. It just may take longer, a year or more. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Paint fumes affect eustachian tube
- Semen analysis morphology 5 6 sperms / hpf
- Semen analysis morphology normal report
- Twinges on right side for a week
- Can weight gain affect upper eyelids
- Done semen analysis is the morphology and sperm count normal
- How does marijuana affect ekg
- Skunk smell when sweating
- Meth affects female reproductive organs
- Are the findings of semen analysis normal
- Is my semen analysis normal
- Occipital nodes lumps affecting facial nerve
- Vagal schwannoma symptoms
- Trypanophobia resistive
- Warning signs sclerotherapy