Is non-sexual transmission of trichomoniasis possible?

My fiance contracted trichomoniasis and she nor I have been with another partner in almost over 2 years How did this happen My fiance and i have been faithful to each other for the past 2 years. Today she went to the gynecologist and was told she has trichomoniasis. This is the first day of the incident, and i have yet to be tested. This is causing great turmoil in our relationship, as she was told the only way she could contract the STD was through sex with a partner who has it. If neither of us have been with another sexual partner in 2 years, how is this possible??
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 39 minutes later

Yes, non-sexual transmission of trichomoniasis is possible.

If you two are totally honest and trust each other. This should not be a major concern. Because evidence suggest that trichomoniasis can spread through sharing towels, soaps, public toilets etc. Though these are rare its still possible.

I am sharing with you this link which will help you to clear your doubts.
It is also possible that either of you would have contracted trichomoniasis before the 2 years period. Because men usually do not have symptoms and most of the women with trichomoniasis are aymptomatic.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.